When you go for cleaning a burnt cast iron skillet, you might be thinking how to clean it if it contains heavy stains. Moreover, it is also a concern to use soap since all soaps can't decrease burnt. Also, keeping pans in the dishwasher is not safe because it damages the original colors of skillets. So how to clean a cast iron skillet with burnt on? This worry is nothing if you follow the mentioned kitcheniest process and apply the tips while cooking something in an iron skillet.
Use Brush for Easily Cleaning Cast Iron
You may consider a brush is only a clean master for your skillet. If your pan is stained for rough cooking, then there is no good option without a scrub brush to cure iron skillet. Besides, Using steel wool on cast iron effective to get rid of indecent food sign.
You will see different types of scrub brush in the marketplace that specially made for cleaning the skillet. It manufactures with hard materiel's thorn, which is capable of fixing strong burned food marks. To do it-
- Soak the burnt pan in regular temperature water for a couple of minutes.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoon dish washing liquid soap or powder soap. Scrub on the pan with the scrubber brush.
- Rinse with water. Do the same process twice if your skillet is more greasy or striking.
- After rinsing, soak a small cloth in oil. Wipe oil to the entire pan. You can use vegetable oil or mustard oil, but the best oil for cast iron is vegetable oil.
- Now store in a dry place.
Use Salt or Lemon Juice
Salt and lemon juice have a reliable power to remove rust from cast iron or burned food. On the other hand, when both ingredients get mixed, they would be a potent cure for cleaning cookware. You can apply vinegar instead of lemon juice or simply can clean iron with salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon salt and 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar, mix them accurately in a pot.
- Make sure for seasoning the pan with the mixture for 20-30 minutes. Now scrub with a scrubber and wash in water.
- At last, take a rag, apply oil on the pan and coat with the cloth. This clever technique helps you from dishwasher costs.
- You can apply oil outside of the skillet too. It makes the stuff looking glittery.
- Keep in a dry place.
Additional Tips to Clean a Cast Iron Skillet with Burnt On Condition
- Try to clean the stained or burned skillet instantly even when it still hot, not after cooling.
- Do not put the pan for a long time in the water, because it is a cause of rust.
- Use hot water and sponge or stiff brush. Can use scrubber gloves since it will protect your hands from too much hot water along with works as a scrubber.
- Try to apply cast iron dishwasher, it is suitable to do it.
- Rinse in water. After drying, season skillet with vegetable oil or flax seed oil. These are the best oil to season cast iron. Seasoning accurately allows you to use it for an extended period.
- Apply oil both inside and outside and store in dry space.
How to Get Rust Out of Cast Iron Skillet – Fix Cast Iron Skillet
People often ask how to clean an old cast iron pan, especially while it is rusty? The above tricks are suitable for cleaning iron skillet from burned food and greasy. Of course you use green pans to save from burning. Actually this pan has extra coated layer to avoid burning. Of course you use green pans to save from burning. Actually this pan has extra coated layer to avoid burning. We recommend you to read this green pan reviews to choose a best model. Anyway, when you suffer from hard rust for not for using a long time, then the below trick is useful to remove the rust promptly. So how can we do it?
1. Use Coca-Cola: You will be wrong if you consider Coca-Cola as a drink only. Note that, it has also the power of eliminating rust from the cast iron skillet or even different kinds of metal elements.
Take 1-2 cups Coca-Cola in a wide pot. More or less amount depends on skillet size. Submerge the cookware for the whole night in it. Now, scrub the cast iron cookware with a steel scrubber or scrub brush at the out and inside. You will find the existing rust has started to loosen gradually. Apply this process 2 or 3 times until it becomes rustles.
2. Clean Cast Iron Skillet With Salt and Potato: For cleaning iron skillet, kosher salt is such an ingredient that teaches the best way to clean cast iron skillet and restoring cast iron and other metal appliances like new.
Submerge the skillet in water for 30 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar. Remove from the water. Take half cup salt on the pan. Now cut a potato into 2 pieces, rub with the potatoes. Make sure the salt should be under the cut potato during rubbing.
Continue about 10 minutes. At this stage, use a steel sponge for rubbing. Undoubtedly, the rust will be removed thoroughly. Remember, cleaning cast iron with salt infrequently keep the tool constantly glossy.
Regular cleaning skillet is not a hard task. Even after getting dirt or rust, you can eliminate the stains promptly by applying the mentioned procedures. Nevertheless, you should pay more attention to your iron skillet care. If you ask how to clean stainless steel pan, then I will suggest applying the same process to clean burnt pan. If you have more ideas on how to clean burnt cast iron, I will love to hear your thoughts. Share your experience with us in the comment box.