When you go for cleaning the cast iron skillet, you might be thoughtful for how to clean it. Moreover, it is also a concern since using soap for the pan, keep in the dishwasher are not safe for all time.
So how to clean a cast iron skillet with burnt on? This worry is just nothing if you follow the mentioned process, and try to apply the tips while go for cooking something in an iron skillet.
Use Brush for Easily Cleaning Cast Iron
You may consider a brush like a clean master for your skillet. If your pan got stained for rough cooking then there is no good option except a scrub brush to cure iron skillet. Besides, Using steel wool on cast iron assistant to get rid of indecent food sign.
You will see different types of scrub brush in the marketplace that specially made for cleaning the skillet. It is prepared with hard materiel's thorn which is capable to fix strong burned food marks. To do it-
- Soak the used pan in water for a couple of minutes.
- Apply 1 or ½ tablespoon dishwashing liquid soap or powder soap. Scrub on the pan with the scrubber brush.
- Rinse with water. Do the same process twice if your skillet becomes more greasy or marked.
- Oil the entire pan after washing. Can use vegetable or mustard oil, but the best oil for cast iron is vegetable oil.
- Now store in a dry place.
Use Salt or Lemon Juice
Salt and lemon juice have robust power to remove rust from cast iron or burned food. On the other hand, when both of them get mixed, they would be a strong cure for cleaning cookware. You can practice vinegar instead of lemon juice or simply can clean iron with salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon salt and 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar, mix them accurately.
- Make sure for seasoning the pan with the mixture for 20-30 minutes. Now scrub with a scrubber and wash in water.
- At last, take a rag, apply oil on the pan and coat with the cloth. This clever technique helps you from dishwasher costs.
- You can apply oil outside of the skillet too, it makes the tool looking more glitterier.
- Keep in a dry place.
Tips for Cleaning Skillet More Efficiently
- Try to clean the stained or burned skillet instantly even when it still hot before cooling.
- Do not put the pan for a long time in the water, because it would be responsible for being rusty.
- Use hot water and sponge or stiff brush. Can use scrubber gloves since it will protect your hands from too much hot water along with comfort like as scrubber.
- Try to consume cast iron dishwasher, it is suitable to do it.
- Rinse in water. After drying, season skillet with vegetable oil or flax seed oil. They are the best oil to season cast iron. Good seasoning pans run pans for a long period.
- Apply oil at the inside and outside and store in dry space.
How to Get Rust Out of Cast Iron Skillet – Fix cast iron skillet
Often people ask how to clean an old cast iron pan? The above details for cleaning iron skillet from burned food and greasy. Moreover, when you suffer from hard rust for not using for a long time, then it is essential to eradicate the rust promptly. So how can do it?
1. Use Coca-Cola: You will be wrong if you consider Coca-Cola as a drink simply, know that it has also the power of removing rust from the cast iron skillet or even different kinds of metal elements.
Take 1-2 cups Coca-Cola in a wide pot. The amount needs more or less depending on skillet size.
Submerge the cookware for the whole night. Now scrub the cast iron cookware with a steel scrubber or scrub brush at the out and inside. You will find the existing rust will be loose gradually. Apply this process 2 or 3 times until it becomes rust less.
2. Clean Cast Iron Skillet With Salt and Potato: For cleaning iron skillet, kosher salt is such an ingredient regarded the best way to clean cast iron skillet and restoring cast iron and other metal appliances like new.
Wet the skillet in water. Put ½ cup water in it. Now cut a potato into 2 pieces, rub with the potatoes. Continue about 10 minutes. At this stage, use a steel sponge for rubbing. Surely, the rust will be removed thoroughly. Remember cleaning cast iron with salt keep the tool constantly glossy.
Regular cleaning skillet is not a hard task, even after becoming dirt or rust you can eliminate the marks promptly by applying the mentioned process. Nevertheless, you should pay attention to your iron skillet care.
If you ask how to clean stainless steel pan then I will suggest applying the same process to clean burnt pan. If you have more ideas on how to clean a cast iron skillet with burnt on, I will love to hear your ideas. Share your experience with us in the comment box.