When I went to visit my friend’s house in Paris, she introduced a recipe to me that was skillet french onion chicken. Yes, I could not pass a single day without the fried onion chicken as it was yummy to eat. Actually, man feels bored for having the same food often. However, I never felt odd with the skillet diet. You know why? Truly the taste of it just amazing. I savored the meal in my friend’s house prepared by her mom as well as consumed from different restaurants.
After discovering its cherished taste I learned this recipe from friend’s mom as I asked her to give me a recipe for chicken and she taught me this one. Besides, I tried to catch the secret procedures that make the food more delicious. I will be pleased to share a nice chicken recipe from my top chicken recipes.
- 2 pieces skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise to prepare 4 cutlets (french style chicken)
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion (white onion)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon regular salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 pieces white onions cut in thinly and sliced
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ grated gruyere cheese
- Onion leaves (optional)
How To Cook?
1. Keep the French cut chicken cutlets into an enough sized bowl. Add all the mentioned ingredients with the chicken without grated cheese, thyme leaves, beef stock, mix them precisely.
2. Make sure to marinate it minimum for 30 minutes or even for a night. The chicken absorbs the solution inwardly for marinating overnight which provides extra flavor.
3. After marinating the meat, place a skillet or a enough sized nonstick single pan over the medium heat. Sprinkle 4 tablespoon canola oil or can use soya bean oil instead of canola. Let it be hot.
4. After heating oil put 2 chicken cutlet on the pan, fry until turn into brown. It might take about 3-4 mins to be fried per side. Secondly, do the similar process to fry another 2 pieces. While the meat will be completed, place the french chicken in a pot.
5. Now add 4 teaspoon oil to the same pan, also add 2 spoons of butter, let it be melt together. Add the 3 cup sliced onions (may use crushed onion and shared equally to get pasty broth) and stir the chicken breast and onions, till turn into brown onion a little bit.
6. Nevertheless would not crunchy onions, just would be soft. Remember, the onions may seem more but after frying will be less.
7. Add salt to the onion gravy according to taste along with cheese, beef stock. If you like peppery then add 1 tablespoon more black pepper. At this stage, add thyme leaves and stir for 2-3 mins. Note down, the volume of the flame should be kept in medium ranges.
8. Now shift the frenched chicken breast to the skillet, sprinkle some grated cheese over the meat and wait to get a golden color of onion chicken fry. Now your french onion chicken tasty recipe ready to serve. Serve instantly to acquire its ‘wow’ taste.
Read More- Best Deep Fried Chicken Recipe with Different Brine
What Can I Add With The Onion Chicken To Serve?
Perfect serving presents any meals as more valued. You should serve the chicken and onions skillet with another nutrients item for a faultless eating dish. You can add kale salad, onion fruit or vegetable alongside the frenched chicken.
Spinach is an additional selection to add with it. It is nutritious too that supportive to burn fat. The meat you eat that produces fat to your body, but consuming spinach, kale salad along with meat reduce the meat’s fat at a time. The roasted vegetable or tomato, onion straws likewise preeminent choice to serve the cooked food. Chicken and veggies are traditional cuisine meals, this myth may go to this item.
Personally, I prefer to serve French fry with the french onion skillet chicken. Sometimes I select chicken stew soup with it. I think it makes the quick pan chicken yummier.
Recollect Some Essential Tips
- Make sure to marinate the chicken to gain an aromatic meal.
- Don’t add more thyme leaves than needs otherwise, the meat would be smelly
- Keep the flame volume or stove’s heat medium. Overheat may burn meat and low heat might keep the meat row inside.
- For thin chicken pieces can boil the meat just for 5 minutes, which makes the meat soft and allow to cook quickly.
- Do not try to apply too much oil or cheese. Since it would make the food oily.
- Attempt to use a large skillet or carbon steel pan that assistant for stirring ingredients with ease. Small pan uncomfortable for cooking
- You may add some sliced potatoes with chicken curry for the purpose of dense chicken onion gravy, as potatoes, chicken, and onions deliver vital vitamins to the figure.
- Carbohydrates 16g
- Iron 7.8%
- Sugar 6g
- Calcium 54.6%
- Calories 610kcal
- Saturated Fat 21g
- Vitamin A 20.6%
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Potassium: 718mg
- Fat 40g
- Protein 42g
- Sodium 1498mg
- Vitamin C 12.4%
- Fiber 2g
Finally, hope you will be intelligent to prepare the skillet french onion chicken recipe perfectly. If you cook, so do not forget to share with me how the taste was. If you have any queries about this one pan cooking, thus don’t hesitate for commenting. Thank you so much!